The Expert Council of the Institute, members of which are not only Heads of the Institute’s Departments, but also well-known scholars, lawyers, human rights defenders, public activists of the Republic, has given expert-legal evaluation of topical socio-political events of the country’s life, including:
- parliamentary elections under UN auspices: infringement of state sovereignty of the Azerbaijan Republic and violation of the UN Charter;
- amnesty and clemency - indicators of humanity of the state policy of struggle against criminality;
- American syndrome of double standard;
These materials were published in the following editions: «Dirçəliş – XXI əsr» and «Vozrozhdeniye – XXI vek» journals, the newspapers«Azərbaycan», «Respublika», «Xalq», «Zerkalo», «Yeni Azərbaycan», «Azad Azərbaycan», etc.
- in 2001 at the sittings of the Expert Council of the Institute (ECI) the following issues were discussed:
The proposals of the Expert Council worked out as a result of discussions on the above mentioned topics were forwarded to both official authorities of the Republic and to foreign embassies in Azerbaijan;
- in 2002at the sittings of the ECI the following issues were discussed:
in the framework of the project “International Terrorism – threat to human rights” there was a discussion on “Nuclear programs of international terrorism in the context of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict».